Tuesday, March 24, 2015

writing about someone or something that is special to us

  A little while ago the students were given the opportunity to write about someone or something that was special to them.  Here are a few examples of what the students had to share….

1)     Taylor Swift is my hero because she lets me know that sometimes when I'm older there will be   some tough times and you can solve them.  You just have to shake it off.  One of her songs is aggressive but most of them are kid appropriate.  That is why I love her, because she inspires me.

                                                                                                                                     By Gracie



2)    Someone special to me is my older sister because she always comes to my dance recitals.  Also, when I ask her to do a ponytail, she will always do it.  When she does't have homework or when she doesn't go to her dad's, she will come to my activities.  When she comes home from trips, she always brings back something special, just to be nice.
    Someone else that is special to me is my cat because he is the perfect cat for us.  He is also a very playful cat so it is fun to play with him.  When we feed him, he meows really funny.

                                                                                                                                     By Kayda

3)    Something that is special to me is my turtle.  My mom bought us two so I got one.  Mine was small, my brother's was big.  The shape of their shells were amazing.  I think when they race on the wood floor, they race each other because I think they are battling each other.  They were showing us who is faster.  When I gave them turtle food, they fought each other to see who would eat the food.  They were pushing each other.  It looked like they were thinking, I have to eat first.  They also went deeper into the aquarium to touch the shiny rock that I had put in the aquarium.
         When they were sleeping the first time, I thought they were dead.  The next day, I ran to the aquarium but they were not dead.  Then I thought, from now on I should remember that when they are not moving, they are sleeping.
          When I took them out of the aquarium, I held their bodies because I didn't want to hold their heads.  If I held their heads, they would bite me.  When we took them out of the aquarium, it was hard, but I felt good giving them clean, fresh water.  While we were cleaning the aquarium, we put the turtles in a big bowl.
           I miss my turtles right now.  I have had them for four years.
 
                                                                                                                                        By James
     

No comments:

Post a Comment